ADELAIDE, Australia - An Australian mother who admitted spending welfare money on cigarettes and gambling was sentenced Friday to six years in prison for starving, beating, and neglecting her children.
ADELAIDE, Australia - Criminals who plead guilty within six weeks of their arrest could get a 40 percent reduction in their prison sentence under a proposal aimed at reducing the backlog at courts in one Australian state.
ADELAIDE, Australia - An international child pornography ring that operated on Facebook has been brought down with the social networking site's support, Australian police said Friday.
ADELAIDE, Australia - The mother wrongly convicted of murdering her infant after the baby infamously disappeared in the Australian Outback 30 years ago has pleaded for her daughter's death certificate to state that a dingo was responsible.
ADELAIDE, Australia - An American surgeon sentenced earlier this month to seven years in prison for killing three patients and permanently harming another is appealing his conviction, a report said Thursday.
- Australia delays Internet filter to review content
- Veggie prices likely to rise after plants poisoned
- Police in Australia investigated for racist e-mail
- Australia warns Israel over Dubai assassination
- Whaling protester to be charged in Japan
- Whaling protester secretly boards Japanese boat
- Rio Tinto bribery case now with China prosecutors