Acts Of Torture
SAN FRANCISCO - Three defendants accused of savagely beating and starving a teenager who was held in chains in a Northern California home for more than a year pleaded guilty Friday in a deal intended to send them each to prison for 30 or more years.
SANTA ANA, Calif. - A man convicted of torturing and killing his 21-year-old daughter and keeping her nude body in a small freezer in his recreational vehicle for two years was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison without parole.
SANTA ANA, Calif. - Opening statements are scheduled Wednesday for a parolee charged with tying up and stabbing to death a former prison acquaintance and his family, possibly over an $80,000 debt.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - Five Missouri men are accused of taking part in the sexual torture of a young woman allegedly kept as a sex slave by one of the men and forced to work as a stripper, prosecutors announced Thursday.
ANKARA, Turkey - A wooden pole used to suspend suspects by their arms.
- HRW urges Bahrain investigate torture claims
- Man accused of torturing woman over Facebook post
- Mexico state to boost pay of state police
- 3 suspended from Iran judiciary over prison deaths
- Calif man convicted in torture-murder of daughter
- Philippines suspends 11 police in torture probe
- Lawyer: Iranian who faced stoning likely tortured
- 2 Egyptian policemen go on trial for brutality
- Who's on trial at Cambodia's war crimes tribunal
- Court upholds torture conviction of Taylor's son
- Court rules torture lawsuits against UK continue
- UK names judge to lead inquiry into torture claims
- UK to hold inquiry into torture complicity claims
- Ex-inmate sues ex-Chicago cop over alleged torture
- Secret list shows fate of Argentine disappeared
- DA: Disabled Pa. torture victim was also raped
- Ex-Chicago officer's torture case may not be last
- Ex-Chicago cop convicted of lying about torture
- Former police lt. convicted of lying about torture
- Verdict reached in Chicago police torture trial
- Jurors weigh Chicago cop's word against 5 felons
- Prosecutor: Chicago cop was a calculating torturer
- Deliberations begin in Chicago cop torture trial
- Jury starts deliberations in Burge's torture trial
- Burge says he chose boat name Vigilante at random
- Fired Chicago police lt. denies torturing suspects
- California man pleads insanity in torture slaying
- Torture activists arrested at US Capitol acquitted
- High court rejects appeal in rendition case
- Victims are no angels in Ill. police torture case
- Ex-gang member says Chicago officer suffocated him
- Euro official urges strong rendition flight probes
- Argentina opens dirty war torture garage trial
- California man to be charged in torture slaying
- Calif man to face charges in torture slaying