MINNEAPOLIS - A Somali-born Canadian citizen who admitted he attended al-Qaida training camps in Afghanistan and lectures by Osama bin Laden was released from federal prison Friday after nearly seven years in custody and deported to Canada.
LUXEMBOURG - The EU on Thursday supported the advisory that Washington issued telling American travelers to beware of potential terrorist threats in Europe, and said the bloc should improve its security policies and its consultations with Washington.
NEW DELHI - Interpol notified its members on Thursday that India has issued arrest warrants for five Pakistani citizens, including two army officers, for alleged involvement in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, an official said.
LUXEMBOURG - EU says a senior US official has briefed the European allies on why Washington has issued a terror warning for Americans traveling to Europe.
ISLAMABAD - The video at first seems like many others filmed in Pakistan's tribal areas: The bearded militant sits cross-legged on the floor, an AK-47 propped against the wall behind him.
- Castro: US ignored its offers on counterterrorism
- Judge bars key witness from Gitmo detainee's trial
- Taliban set preconditions for formal peace talks
- Judge bans key witness from detainee's NY trial
- Gunman shoots dead Frenchman in Yemen
- Yemen explosion targets British diplomats
- Sailors injured in USS Cole attack file lawsuit
- US, Russia must work to combat international crime
- Euro terror alert spotlights voiceprint technology
- Some who flee to S.Africa are diplomatic challenge
- Pakistan officials: 8 German militants killed
- France: 12 arrested in counterterrorism cases
- Man held over US plot faces UK extradition hearing
- Thai court drops case against Viktor Bout
- US strike kills 5 German militants in Pakistan
- Report: Changes needed to make nuke plants secure
- Officials: No evidence US targeted in new threat
- Viktor Bout extradition stalled by Thai ruling
- Preliminary results show Bosnians divided on vote
- US terror warning could hurt Europe's economy
- French terrorism suspect arrested in Italy
- Pakistan: Dozens of Europeans in terror training
- French minister: Terror threat unchanged but real
- Germany: no indication of any imminent attack
- UK says terror threat in France, Germany now high
- Text of US warning about Europe threats
- US warns Americans to be vigilant when in Europe
- Split or united? Bosnians divided as they vote
- US to warn Americans to be vigilant in Europe
- US may tell US citizens to be vigilant in Europe
- Pakistani officials: Suspected US missiles kill 16
- Intel: Strikes continue amid border tension
- Intel: 2nd alleged US missile strike hits Pakistan
- Intel: US missiles kill 8 militants in NW Pakistan
- Officials think bin Laden involved in Europe plot