SHILLONG - A top rebel of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) involved in several bombings was arrested Sunday along the India-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya, an official said.
SHILLONG - The outlawed A'chik National Volunteers Council (ANVC), a powerful rebel group in Meghalaya, Wednesday blamed the state government for the slow pace of political negotiation for the creation of an autonomous council.
SHILLONG - Two top leaders of the Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) rebel group have sent feelers for talks with the Meghalaya government, an official said Friday.
SHILLONG - Meghalaya Police Thursday arrested two senior leaders of the outlawed National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) who were the prime accused in the massacre of 21 people in Assam last year.
SHILLONG - Bangladesh authorities Saturday handed over three more rebel leaders of the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) to Indian frontier guards at Dawki area in Meghalaya, an official said.
- Protests in Megalaya over fake gunfight
- GNLA member killed, camp busted
- Strike hits Republic Day in Meghalaya
- Bangladesh crackdown puts pressure on ULFA chief
- More Garo rebels to surrender: Meghalaya home minister
- Meghalaya rebel chief surrenders
- Militant hideout busted in Meghalaya
- Two GNLA rebels held in Meghalaya
- Meghalaya seeks public support against Garo rebel outfit
- Abducted official offered dog meat by Garo militants
- Meghalaya deploys special anti-insurgency police team
- Meghalaya chief minister confirms ISI’s presence
- Rebels free Meghalaya official after 56 days
- Suspense prevails over abducted Meghalaya official
- Rebel leader nabbed in Meghalaya, abducted official to be freed
- Act against NDFB militants, Khandu urges Assam
- Three GNLA rebels arrested
- Meghalaya official untraced for over a month
- Arms, ammunition seized from Shillong school
- Seven injured in Meghalaya blast
- Meghalaya official abducted by rebels
- Hardcore rebel surrenders in Meghalaya
- Ready for dialogue with outlawed group: Sangma
- Rebels sneak into Meghalaya to disrupt I-Day celebrations: Minister
- Sangma asks police to probe mobile SIM cards racket
- Meghalaya rebel group asks for boycott of Independence Day
- Top rebel of outlawed Khasi militant outfit arrested
- Two separatist rebels surrender in Meghalaya
- ULFA militant, aide held in Meghalaya
- Shillong ’safe haven’ Myanmarese smuggling arms
- Militant arrested in Meghalaya
- Bodo rebels will negotiate if handled properly: Army chief
- Indian officials trying to confirm Marak’s identity
- India awaiting Bangladesh confirmation of ULFA arrests: Pillai
- India awaiting Bangladesh confirmation on ULFA arrests: G.K. Pillai