KOLKATA - Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sleuths visited Netai village of West Midnapore district Saturday to probe the Jan 7 shootings which left nine people dead and several injured, police said.
KOLKATA - A pro-Maoist activist was arrested in connection with the May 28, 2010 Gyaneshwari Express sabotage in West Bengal's West Midnapore district in which 148 people were killed, police said Monday.
KOLKATA - Restrictions on movement of passenger trains during night in Maoist-affected areas of West Bengal, Orissa and Jharkhand will continue till Feb 24, a railway statement said here Thursday.
KOLKATA - A Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader in West Bengal's West Midnapore district was shot dead by Maoists Sunday for acting as a police informer, police said.
KOLKATA - Strongly condemning the police firing in north Bengals Dooars area which killed two Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GJM) activists, the Maoists Wednesday called for a 24-hour shutdown in three western districts of West Bengal.
- Police custody for Maoist leader linked to Silda attack
- Suspected Maoists torch truck in Bengal
- Maoist hideout busted in Bengal, arms seized
- Suspected Maoists kill CPI-M supporter in Bengal
- Suspected Maoists attack Bengal CPI-M leaders’ houses
- Maoist leader arrested, sent to police custody
- Don’t want intellectuals to support Maoists: Narayanan
- West Midnapore killings most unfortunate: Narayanan
- Three killed by suspected Maoists
- CPI-M leader shot dead in West Midnapore
- Poll panel team tours Maoist hotbeds in Bengal
- Bengal governor visits massacre sites of Netai, Baghbinda
- Maoists blow up offices of self-help group, CPI-M
- Pro-Maoist shutdown hits life of three Bengal districts
- Maoist posters surface in central Kolkata
- Blast disrupts train services in Orissa
- Suspected Maoists kill one in Bengal
- Trinamool cooperated with Maoists in Nandigram: Party MP
- Ban on night trains lifted — partly
- Bar on night train journeys in Maoist areas extended
- We support Mamata, she should quit cabinet: Maoists
- Maoist killed in Bengal gunfight
- Maoists ready for talks if Azad’s killing probed: Agnivesh
- Three Maoists arrested in Bengal
- Writing to Buddhadeb was Chidambaram’s duty: Pranab
- No night move for trains in Maoist-hit areas till Jan 6
- Are Maoists losing ground in West Bengal?
- Buddhadeb hits back at ‘far from impartial’ Chidambaram
- Pro-Maoist shutdown hits parts of three Bengal districts
- Partial response to shutdown call in West Bengal
- Maoists torch houses of three CPI-M supporters in West Bengal
- Trooper killed in Bengal landmine blast by Maoists
- Suspected Maoists kill four in West Bengal
- Detained Maoists call off 12-day hunger strike
- 10 escape unhurt in Maoist landmine blast