CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said Wednesday that he will meet later this month with the country's Jewish leaders, who are expressing concerns about anti-Semitism in some state media.
NEW YORK - A down-and-out Muslim man, under pressure from a paid FBI informant, admitted he was eager to attack a New York synagogue to vent his rage against Jews and U.S.
NEW YORK - A man accused of plotting to bomb New York synagogues and shoot down military planes ranted against Jews and mused about "taking down" targets in the United States, according to audio tapes played Monday at his federal trial.
NEW YORK - The government's star witness against four men charged with trying to blow up New York synagogues and shoot down military planes told a jury Friday that one defendant told him that he hated Jews and Americans and that he wanted to be a martyr and "do something to America." Shahed Hussain said he was standing by his car outside a Newburgh, N.Y., mosque in June 2008 when he was approached by James Cromitie, the alleged ringleader of the plot that was doomed from the start because an important facilitator - Hussain - was working for the FBI all along.
NEW YORK - Four men charged with trying to blow up New York synagogues and shoot down military planes were caught on videotape plotting and praying together before setting out to launch the attack, a prosecutor said Tuesday in opening statements at their trial.
- Inquest: Egyptian spy suspect's death unexplained
- Israeli conversion bill moves ahead, draws anger
- Inquest starts into death of Egyptian spy suspect
- Mumbai center targeted in '08 siege gets new rabbi
- Kosher plant manager facing life on fraud charges
- Psychiatrist: Kosher plant manager admitted fraud
- Feds seek life sentence in slaughterhouse case
- NY court sees synagogue attack as hate crime
- Defense says NY synagogue-bomb plot was feds' idea
- First trial set to begin in NJ corruption probe