MADISON, Wis. - Republican Senate candidate Ron Johnson, who has campaigned against government subsidies to business, employs up to nine prison inmates at his plastics factories whose health care costs are paid by the state, according to records obtained by The Associated Press.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria - Members of a radical Muslim sect shot and killed a political leader in northern Nigeria, the latest attack by a group that engineered a massive prison break last month, a police commissioner said Thursday.
COLUMBIA, S.C. - A South Carolina jail was sued Wednesday over its policy barring inmates from having any reading material other than the Bible.
MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin prison officials say a global positioning system that tracks sex offenders failed for several hours, leaving authorities in several states blind to offenders' real-time movements.
HARTFORD, Conn. - The state Department of Correction is revising its library policy in the wake of an Associated Press investigation that found inmates had unrestricted access to works depicting graphic violence, a lawmaker said Wednesday.
- Colo. prison escapee charged with several crimes
- Conn. prison inmates have choice of violent books
- Woman flees escaped prisoner who passed out drunk
- Prison chief eyes new cell phone intercept system
- 16 inmates killed in prison riot in Venezuela
- Ariz. fugitives indicted on capital murder charges
- Arizona fugitives indicted on capital charges
- Registered offender fails to report bridge address
- Indiana teen gets 30 years for stepfather's death
- Some US executions held up by shortage of drug
- Beijing firm investigated for running 'black jail'
- Malaysia deports Singaporean terrorist suspect
- South African police arrested for prisoner escape
- Malaysia hands over terrorist suspect to Singapore
- Accused killer of NC chief's daughter sick in jail
- Ill. Gov.: No authority to pick up errant parolee
- Quinn: No authority to pick up errant parolee
- APNewsBreak: Poles urged to probe CIA prison acts
- Ill. parolee wasn't picked up after battery claim
- NY judge says terror defendant is faking illness
- Nigeria: Police arrest suspected sect members
- Attack on SC prison guard renews phone-jam debate
- 25 slain in Mexican city; 85 escape border prison
- 25 slain in Mexican city; deadliest day in 2 years
- 4 al-Qaida prisoners escape US custody in Iraq
- 4 Iraqis escape from US custody in Baghdad prison
- Nigeria: 800 inmates escape during prison attack
- Nigeria: Assault ends at prison holding extremists
- Counselors monitoring prison officers with PTSD
- Mother of slain camper files claim in Phoenix
- APNewsBreak: Life to improve for some Wis. inmates
- Colo. woman held by escapee talks about experience
- Reward in question for ranger in escapee's capture
- Ohio killer ends try to stop 2nd inmate execution
- John Walker Lindh seeks Ind. prison prayer ruling