UNITED NATIONS - UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon Thursday condemned a suicide bomb attack in northwest Pakistan, which killed about 30 soldiers.
NEW DELHI/GUWAHATI - The first round of peace talks aimed at ending 30 long years of insurgency in Assam were held here Thursday between leaders of the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) and union Home Minister P. Chidambaram. A seven-member core group, under Home Secretary G.K. Pillai, is to take the peace process forward.
SHILLONG - Meghalaya Police Thursday arrested two senior leaders of the outlawed National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) who were the prime accused in the massacre of 21 people in Assam last year.
NEW DELHI/GUWAHATI - Leaders of the outlawed United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) Thursday met Home Minister P. Chidambaram here Thursday to mark the start of long-awaited peace talks aimed at ending 30 long years of insurgency in Assam.
BAGHDAD - At least six people were killed and 40 injured Thursday in a car bomb attack targeting Shiite pilgrims in Iraq, security and medical sources said.
- Two injured in separate attacks in Sopore
- ULFA meets Chidambaram — for peace
- Afghan district chief among 7 killed in suicide attack
- Afghan district governor among three killed in suicide attack
- Indian Railways Player Shot Dead
- 27 killed as `schoolboy’ bomber attacks Pakistan Army centre (Third Lead)
- 27 die as `schoolboy’ bomber targets Pakistan Army centre (Second Lead)
- US now focused on LeT as it ‘could pose a threat’
- Al Qaeda militants among fugitives who fled Egypt prisons
- 14 killed as suicide bomber targets Pakistan Army centre