MOSCOW - Chechen rebel leader Doku Umarov has claimed responsibility for the suicide bomb attack at the Domodedovo airport in Moscow last month, Xinhua reported.
KARLSRUHE - A spokesman in Germany for the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) has been indicted on terrorism charges, federal justice authorities said Monday in Karlsruhe.
LONDON - Britain's previous Labour government did "all it could" to facilitate the early release from jail of Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, a Libyan man convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie bombing in which 270 people died, official documents released Monday showed.
PARIS - Osama bin Laden's Al Qaeda terrorist network is stepping up its recruitment of European combatants with a view to striking more targets in Europe, a leading French newspaper reported Monday, quoting secret service documents.
KOLKATA - A court in west Bengal's West Midnapore district Monday sent a Maoist leader, suspected of involvement in the attack on a camp of the Eastern Frontier Rifles (EFR) February last year, to police custody for seven days, police said.
- Sikhs in Pakistan seek compensation for terror losses
- Maoists blast Chitrakot police post, disrupt Bastar life
- Maoist strike hits life in Orissa
- Abducted cops still in Maoist captivity, families anxious
- ULFA split, Paresh Baruah rejects Feb 10 peace talks
- Maoists blast in tourist destination Chitrakot
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21
- Mumbai court to decide on Kasab appeal Feb 21