WASHINGTON - An envelope circulating through the US postal system ignited Friday in a Washington post office, CNN reported.
TORONTO - Inderjit Singh Reyat, the only convicted Air India bomber, was Friday sentenced to nine more years for lying under oath at the Air India Kanishka bombing trial. The verdict was pronounced by a court in Vancouver.
KOLKATA - Authorities Friday decided to resume train traffic at night in Chakradharpur-Rourkela section but said the ban will remain in the Kharagpur-Tata and Kharagpur-Adra areas due to Maoist threats.
ISTANBUL - A historic 16th century mosque in Istanbul received a bomb threat Friday that later turned out to be a hoax call, police said.
ISLAMABAD - At least six people, including two police officers, were injured in a blast Friday evening at a market place in Pakistan's northwest Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, a media report said.
- Israeli troops kill man mistaken for Hamas leader
- Taliban bomb expert captured by NATO
- Aseemanand confesses to his involvement in Samjhauta, Ajmer blasts
- Maryland Staged Terror: Explosion Not By Terrorist Groups
- 17 killed in Afghan suicide attack
- New terror alert hits trains, airports in London
- Swami Nithyananda: Soon On Celluloid!
- Swami Nithyananda: Was He Blackmailed?