Terror attack at Iran mosqueBy IANS
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
TEHRAN - A terror attack Wednesday at a mosque in Iran has “killed tens of people”, an official said.
Mohammad Yaghoub Jedgal, an official, said the terror strike outside Imam Hossein Mosque in southeastern Chabahar city “has killed tens of people mourning on the martyrdom anniversary of the third Imam of Shiites”.
Jedgal told Iranian news agency IRNA that precise figures on the number of the victims was not available but about 50 to 60 have so far been rushed to hospitals for treatment.
DPA adds: An Iranian Red Crescent Society official told local media that at least 15 people were killed and dozens injured.
The interior ministry had not yet confirmed the death toll but said at least 60 people were injured in the suicide bomb attack and
The attack occurred at the Iman Hussein mosque in Chabahar where Iranians were attending the Ashura ceremony, the anniversary of the death of the third Shiite imam, Hussein.