ATHENS - Greek counterterrorism police Saturday raided a hideout in Athens belonging to a terrorist group, confiscating a cache of guns and explosives and arresting at least five people, media reports said.
MOGADISHU - About 50 Islamist rebels have been killed and scores of others injured in fierce gun battles with the government troops in Mogadishu, reports Xinhua.
KABUL - Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani Saturday described terrorism as the common enemy and called for joint efforts to overcome the menace, saying the peace in the region was in the interest of both the neighbouring countries.
KOLKATA - In a major breakthrough, seven members of the Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), including five top leaders, were arrested in West Bengal over the past two days, police said.
BANGALORE - French President Nicolas Sarkozy asserted that his country was against monopoly of one or two states in space ventures and favoured as many nations to be in the race for the conquest of space.
- Top Maoist leaders arrested in West Bengal (Second Lead)
- Baghdad Rocked By Bombings
- Jharkhand panchayat polls: 3,000 backed by Maoists win unopposed
- Sorry, we blew up ambulance: Maoists
- Yemen offered US ‘open door’ to attack Al Qaida: WikiLeaks
- Top Maoist leader arrested in West Bengal
- Disney Town Resident Kills Himself