CAIRO/PARIS - French officials said Friday they would not have policies dictated to them by terrorists after a branch of Al Qaeda called on the government in Paris to withdraw its forces from Afghanistan in return for the safety of five French hostages.
WASHINGTON - The owner of a small firm in California confirmed Friday that he was the manufacturer of a fake suitcase bomb, intended for security training, that was found in a Namibian airport.
ISLAMABAD - A senior Al Qaeda leader, Mufti Ali Muhammad, has reportedly been killed along with two of his accomplices in a US drone strike Friday in Pakistan's North Waziristan district along the Afghan border.
NEW DELHI - The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Friday arrested a man allegedly involved in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blast. He was produced in a city court, which granted the CBI his transit remand for two days.
KOLKATA - Supected Maoists Friday attacked a panchayat office in West Bengal's West Midnapore district, police said.
- Namibia detonator was just a test, says Germany
- Drone strike kills three in Pakistan
- Babbar terrorist opposes narco-test over Pakistan links
- Nepal PM says no proof of Maoists training Indian peers
- Al Qaeda demands France leave Afghanistan in return for hostages
- Kanishka bomber sheds tears, apologizes to victim families
- Matthew Hoffman Helps Discover Bodies
- Bombs hurled at Bangladesh chief justice’s house