TORONTO - Afghan Canadian Omar Khadr, the only child soldier and last western prisoner held at Guantanamo, has been sentenced to 40 years in jail for killing a US medic in Afghanistan in 2002.
LONDON/WASHINGTON - At least 10 hostages and 12 others were killed Sunday night after Iraqi forces stormed a Christian church where militants had taken dozens of people hostage, according to a newspaper report.
BAGHDAD - Several hostages were dead Sunday after Iraqi forces stormed a Christian church where five militants had taken dozens of people hostage, Iraq's Defence Minister Abdul-Qadir Mohammed Al-Obeidi said.
LONDON/SANA'A - Yemen police Sunday released a university student arrested the day before on suspicion of having links to two parcels containing explosives found on US-bound flights, a security source said.
BAGHDAD - Members of the Al Qaeda-affiliated Islamic State of Iraq were holding hostages inside a church in central Baghdad Sunday and threatened to kill them if security forces, who have surrounded the building, tried to enter.
- Yemen bomb went on two passenger jets: Qatar Airways
- Six killed by car bomb in Baghdad
- 32 injured in Istanbul suicide bombing
- Sweep of arrests in Yemen as government decries ‘hype’
- Afghan, NATO forces kill 17 suspected militants
- Qatar Airways shipped Yemen parcel with explosives
- UAE condemns Turkey suicide blast
- 22 injured in Turkey explosion
- Three suspected terrorists arrested near Islamabad
- NGOs supporting Maoists under scanner in Jharkhand
- Only causing death should fetch noose for hijackers: Panel
- Arms, ammunition seized from Shillong school